Friday, September 5, 2008

Welcome to Tony Triolo Photography







Welcome

This is my first post of what we hope will be a successful venture into the world of blogs and blogging. We hope it will act to compliment our web site, Tony Triolo Photography (www.triolophotography.com).

As a way of introduction, let me say that I have been a professional photographer for over 25 years, am currently based in Athens, Alabama but offering services throughout North Alabama. I have worked as a photojournalist, a commercial and portrait photographer, and most recently as the manager of the imaging and multimedia departments at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama.

I have witnessed an amazing evolution in the world of photography, and have been fortunate to have been involved with the transition from an analog to a digital world at several organizations.

Although my background was very much centered in the world of film, prints and darkrooms, I have grown to appreciate all that digital imagery has to offer, and have embraced it enthusiastically. The skeptical view, I held, that digital would never replace film, has given way to an acceptance of this "equal to the task" technology and some would even claim that it has now surpassed film in almost every category except, perhaps, in the area of permanence.

So, I invite you to come along with me as I highlight some of my work, both current and a some from the past. I hope to showcase both the current commercial and portrait work I am doing as well as some of my personal work which often gives me some of my greatest satisfaction.



No comments: