Monday, September 8, 2008

Athens Arts on the Square

This past Saturday, I took some time out to check out the Arts on the Square festivities in downtown Athens, Alabama. It appeared to be well attended and the weather even cooperated. The threatened rains never came, at least not while I was there anyway. I believe this was the third annual event which provides a venue for local artists to show and sell their artwork. I saw some extremely talented painters, artists in clay, jewelry and mixed media. Naturally, I had to check out the fellow photographers, and was very impressed with the quality of work. It's the only art form I feel qualified to critique. There were lots of activities for the kids and ways for them to express their creative talent as this budding painter demonstrated. Leica 35mm/f2.0 on Leica M8.


No comments: